With their natural wool, sheeps don’t get cold in winter and stay fresh in summer. So should be the same for buildings Socrates allegedly already said. That this is possible also now, even without conventional heating systems and with ecological materials, is shown in the new edited report “Sustainable construction and renovation in the Alps”.
The report has been written and actualized by CIPRA with the support of external contributions in the framework of the information campaign “climalp”.
Available in 4 languages (french, german, italian and slovène), it is divided in 5 shorts thematic modules:
- Module 1: Why sustainable buildings?
- Module 2: Energy and buildings
- Module 3: Ecological materials
- Module 4: Sufficiency and spatial planning
- Module 5: Context in the alpine countries
The report can be downloaded, printed, shared from the climalp page.