Considering the important role of municipalities on this issue, the General Council of Savoie and the association ASDER decided to set up the challenge “Effective Municipalities in Energy Savings.” This challenge “EMES” (or C3E in French) aims to raise awareness and supports volunteer municipalities on energy sufficiency. The goal is to achieve energy savings without spending heavy investment, but acting on behaviour change.
The scope can be on public lighting, voluntary schools or even all public buildings according to the will of the town. The concept of volunteering is very important in this Challenge “EMES” because voluntarism field workers, depend the success of actions and therefore savings.
– Raise awareness of energy efficiency
– Encourage the use of energy savings potentials in public buildings,
– Motivate territorial actors to engage behaviour changes on energy sobriety.
16 municipalities in Savoie are involved in this challenge, which is spread from 1 October 2012 to 1 June 2013!
EMES in figures:
– 48 buildings followed (including 22 schools), 26 public lighting sectors
– 1 € saved per inhabitants in the municipalities involved
– Implementation of ” energy posters” informing users of buildings on the energy used in the building, the consumption, the cost for the community and a few eco-actions to be taken to reduce them.
– Instrumentation of buildings (temperature, power demand …)
– Some municipalities have tested the extinction of public lighting between 1am and 5am
– Training in schools to raise awareness of energy issues and to identify savings actions
Further informations on the « EMES » challenge on the website of ASDER here (French).